Monday, March 15, 2010

...well, I've always been lazy but...

It takes a lot of focus to do physical things. Sometimes I lose focus and hurt myself, like I take on too much, lift something too heavy, twist the wrong way, forget to grab the railing while going down the stairs. Then I get pain, in various places (like muscles and joints {feet, ankles, knees, calves, thighs, hips, wrists, hands}), things starting to go numb (like thumbs and toes), and the pain accumulates quickly, and intensifies, and then I get extremely tired, and then a headache, and then I just need to rest till the end of the day. (This is while wearing knee braces which cut down on the knee pain, and tightly-laced boots, which cut down on the ankle pain, and orthotic inserts, which cut down on the foot pain and numbness.)

... I now have an excuse for being so damn lazy.

I found myself tabling an event for the women's and gender studies department today.

Quote of the day: "Let me tell you about how to have a fabulous career in bitching!!" I think that quote might be printed on a postcard somewhere. I personally know next to nothing about careers, having never had one.

No comments:

Post a Comment